Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If your employer objects to your reported injury and requests a hearing to determine if benefits should be paid in your case, you may request an Interim Benefit while the case is in litigation.

The Interim Benefit will not exceed 3 months of temporary total disability benefits and only one Interim Benefit may be awarded per reported injury.

The Division will send you a Final Determination letter regarding benefits within 60 days of receiving your signed injury report form. The letter may be issued sooner, but should not be issued later than 60 days. The Final Determination letter will tell you what benefits, if any, have been approved. If benefits are denied, the letter will provide the reasons for denial.

If you disagree with any Final Determination, you may file a written objection to the determination and/or submit a written request for hearing by the due date specified in the Final Determination letter.

For more information you can contact the Wyoming Workers` Safety and Compensation Division at the following address or phone number.

Wyoming Workers` Safety and Compensation Division
122 West 25th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002

Injury Reporting ­ Claims Department
Phone: (307) 777­-7441

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Related Workers' Compensation Issues