Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If you receive notice that your claim has been denied, you may request a hearing by the South Carolina Workers` Compensation Commission regarding the claim. Hearings are usually held in the city or county in which the accident happened. This commission will hear both sides of the claims issue as well as witnesses and will review any relevant records. A determination will then be made regarding the claims issue.

For more information or to request Form 50, Employee`s Notice of Claim and/or Request for a Hearing, and a benefits brochure to determine if you are entitled to benefits, you can contact the South Carolina Workers` Compensation Commission at the address or phone number below.

South Carolina Workers` Compensation Commission
P.O. BOX 1715

Claims Services Division: 803­737­5723

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Workers' Compensation Lawyers

Related Workers' Compensation Issues