Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?

If your employer has employment available to you within your medical restrictions and you decline, your employer may request a modification or termination of your benefits. If you do return to some type of work, even part time at your same job, you may be eligible for weekly compensation equal to 66­2/3 percent of the difference between your average weekly wages before the injury and the average weekly wages that you are earning now. This amount is subject to the state minimum and maximum amounts set by law at the time of the work related injury. The time period covered is not to exceed 340 weeks from the date of injury.

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Workers' Compensation Lawyers

Related Workers' Compensation Issues