Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If you have not received any notice from the insurer within 21 days from the date you notified the employer of the injury, you may file a petition for weekly benefits at the Workers` Compensation Court. The insurer is not obligated to file anything or to do anything to let the employee know if the claim is contested. For help with a denied or contested claim, you can contact the Workers` Compensation Unit at the address and number below.

R.I. Department of Labor & Training`s Workers` Compensation Unit
P.O. Box 20190
Cranston, RI 02920­0942
Phone ­ (401) 462­8100

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Workers' Compensation attorney today.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Featured Rhode Island Workers' Compensation Law Firm

Sokolove Law
James Sokolove

Statewide Workers' Compensation Attorneys
Se Habla EspaƱol

Captcha Image

Workers' Compensation Lawyers

Related Workers' Compensation Issues