Workers` compensation coverage is mandatory for most employment. North Dakota Workers Compensation (NDWC) is the only provider in North Dakota, so, unless your employer falls into one of the following categories, they are required to secure a policy with NDWC.
- Licensed real estate brokers and agents with written agreements defining them as independent contractors.
- Farm and ranch labor, certain household domestic workers, and religious organization employees.
- Independent contractors, corporate officers, selfemployed persons, and volunteers.
- Federal and railroad employees.
- The employer`s spouse and children under the age of 22.
- Spouses of sole proprietors, partners, or corporate officers.
- Newspaper carriers.
Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.