Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

Upon receiving a denial, may call or write to the Department of Labor to request a hearing. Upon receipt of the written request, a Department of Labor claims staff member will contact the carrier who will be asked to clarify the denial. Any reports used to support the denial will be requested, if not already submitted. All such reports must also be sent to the injured employee, if not already sent. The Department of Labor will then advise the injured employee of his/her rights and expectations at the hearing. For injuries occurring on or after February 8, 1994, compensation for disability, rehabilitation, medical benefits, or death benefits shall be barred unless the employee petitions for a hearing within 18 months after receiving notice that the claim has been denied by the carrier or self­insurer. You can contact the Department of Labor at the address and number listed below.

New Hampshire Department of Labor
95 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Tel: (603) 271­3176 or 1­800­272­4353

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Workers' Compensation attorney today.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Featured New Hampshire Workers' Compensation Law Firm

Sokolove Law
James Sokolove

Statewide Workers' Compensation Attorneys
Se Habla EspaƱol

Captcha Image

Related Workers' Compensation Issues