Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If you encounter a problem with the way your claim is being handled, or you think you have not received all benefits due, first contact the employer or insurance company representative handling your claim. Many problems can be cleared up with a phone call. Remember, if your claim is accepted and paid, it will be paid by the employer or its insurance carrier and not by the Workers` Compensation Commission. If the problem cannot be resolved in this manner, you may contact the Mississippi Workers` Compensation Commission at the address or number listed below.

Mississippi Workers` Compensation Commission
1428 Lakeland Drive / Post Office Box 5300
Jackson, Mississippi 39296­5300

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Workers' Compensation Lawyers

Related Workers' Compensation Issues