Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

An injured worker may file an application for a hearing within three years of injury, or two years of last payment of compensation or medical treatment.

The Division of Workers Compensation employs full time personnel who specialized in aiding injured workers, employers, and insurance professionals with claims information and problems arising from job­related injuries and illnesses. The ombudsman acts in an impartial manner and is available to provide the parties with information about the current issues within the workers compensation system. For example, the ombudsman has current information on legislative changes, or changes due to decisions made by the Workers Compensation Board or the courts. The Ombudsman Section can also assist with specific issues on current workers compensation claims. The Ombudsman Section is a good place to start if you are having difficulty with your claim. You can reach them by calling the Division of Workers` Compensation listed below.

The Kansas Division of Workers` Compensation: (785) 296­2996 or (800) 332­0353

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Related Workers' Compensation Issues