Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If your employer disputes your claim, you will need to prove that your injury or disease is work­related by producing evidence at an Informal Hearing to back up your claim. If your claim is denied, you should request an Informal Hearing from the District Office for the town in which you were injured.

A Commissioner is a quasi­judicial official who presides as an impartial mediator at Informal, Formal and Appellate hearings, where they serve to resolve disputes or misunderstandings in workers` compensation cases.

For more information you can contact the Workers` Compensation Commission District Office at the phone number listed below.

Connecticut Workers` Compensation Commission District Office 1­800­223­WORK

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Workers' Compensation Lawyers

Related Workers' Compensation Issues