Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

My Employer Has Denied My Claim, What Do I Do?

If the insurer denies benefits, the law says it must send you and the Workers` Compensation Board a denial notice. The notice tells how to file a written claim and how to ask for a hearing before the Workers` Compensation Board.

Within two years after the date the insurer files a notice denying your claim, you must file for a hearing before the Workers` Compensation Board. You will lose your right to the benefits denied in the notice if you do not ask for a hearing within the two years.

For more information about filing for a hearing before the Workers` Compensation Board, you can contact the Alaska Workers` Compensation Division at one of the addresses or phone numbers below.

3301 Eagle Street
Suite 304
P.O. Box 107019
Anchorage, Alaska 99510
(907) 269­4980

675 Seventh Avenue
Station H2
Fairbanks, Alaska 99701
(907) 451­2889

1111 W. Eighth Street
Room 307
P.O. Box 25512
Juneau, Alaska 99802
(907) 465­2790

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Workers' Compensation attorney today.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Related Workers' Compensation Issues