Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

If I Am Unable To Return To The Type Of Work I Did Before I Was Injured, What Happens?

If you believe your work­related injury will keep you from returning to your job and you want vocational rehabilitation help, you must ask for a reemployment evaluation within 90 days after you report your injury to you employer. If 90 days have passed and you want an evaluation but haven`t asked for one, contact the nearest Workers` Compensation Division office immediately.

You may get reemployment (vocational rehabilitation) benefits if your injury is compensable and may permanently keep you from returning to your job at the time of injury.

Temporary Partial Disability benefits (TPD) are paid if you can return to work, but you earn less for a limited time while recovering. Temporary Partial Disability benefits are figured by taking 80% of the difference between your spendable weekly wage and your spendable wage­earning capacity after returning to work. Your actual wage after the injury less payroll deductions is usually considered your spendable wage­earning capacity. Temporary Partial Disability benefits are paid until you reach medical stability or for up to five years, whichever comes first.

Speak to an Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified workers' compensation lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local workers' compensation attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Workers' Compensation attorney today.

Additional Workers' Compensation Articles

Search LawInfo's Workers' Compensation Resources

Workers' Compensation Lawyers

Related Workers' Compensation Issues