Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What recourse does an employee have under Arkansas law if he or she is unable to obtain his or her final paycheck from a former employer?

If an employee is unable to obtain his or her final paycheck from a former employer, the employee can file a complaint with the Arkansas Department of Labor, Labor Standards Division, if you make less than twenty-five thousand ($25,000) dollars per year, or if you are owed less than two thousand ($2,000) dollars in unpaid wages. If you do not meet this criteria, then you can also file a lawsuit using a private attorney or in small claims court.

Speak to an Experienced Wage and Hour Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified wage and hour lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local wage and hour attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Wage and Hour attorney today.

Additional Wage and Hour Articles

Search LawInfo's Wage and Hour Resources

Related Wage and Hour Issues