Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What recourse does an employee have under Alabama law if he or she is unable to obtain his or her final paycheck from a former employer?

If an employee is unable to obtain his or her final paycheck from a former employer, the employee can file a wage claim with the Alabama Department of Labor, which will contact the employer. If contact by the Alabama Department of Labor is not successful in resolving the wage claim, it is recommended that the employee contact the U.S. Department of Labor, contact an attorney for assistance, and/or file a claim against the employer in Small Claims Court.

Speak to an Experienced Wage and Hour Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified wage and hour lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local wage and hour attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Wage and Hour Articles

Search LawInfo's Wage and Hour Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Wage and Hour Attorneys

Related Wage and Hour Issues