Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Who is in Charge of Administering the Estate?

The personal representative (a person, bank or trust company) appointed to represent the person of the decedent is in charge of administering the estate. The personal representative is normally named in the will. But, the will doesn't name a personal representative, the court decides who will administer the estate. But, an heir or interested party can file a form asking the court to appoint them to be personal representative.

Speak to an Experienced Probate Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified probate lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local probate attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Probate attorney today.

Additional Probate Articles

State Probate Articles

Search LawInfo's Probate Resources

Clarksburg Probate Lawyers