Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

My child was injured in Illinois, can I bring a personal injury claim on their behalf?

Yes, parents of a minor child who has been injured may bring forth a claim on their behalf. Child injuries can occur in many ways, and if your child has been injured at daycare, bitten by a dog, injured by a toy, or in a motor vehicle accident, you may be able to recover for their injuries and suffering. Similar to an adult personal injury matter, children are owed compensation for a liable party’s fault that has caused them injury. Considering their age and inability, a parent is able to bring forth a matter on their behalf in order to be sure they are able to receive representation and compensation as well.

Speak with a Personal Injury Attorney

Injuries cost money, including time away from work, medical bills and other complications. You should have an attorney help you with your claim. Not sure if you have a good injury case? Speak to a local personal injury attorney about the merits of your case. This one step can help you protect your rights and take the proper next steps.

Additional Personal Injury Articles

Search LawInfo's Personal Injury Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Featured Illinois Personal Injury Law Firm

Dworkin & Maciariello

Our Chicago Workers Compensation Attorneys have 22 Years of Experience in Handling Various Types of Work Injury Cases and Fight for the Rights of Workers to Get Maximum Compensation they Deserve.

Captcha Image

Personal Injury Attorneys