Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Is The Continuing Education Requirement?

All resident insurance agents who hold a license in any of the major lines of insurance (property, casualty, life, and accident and health) as well as those licensed in the limited line of automobile are required to complete continuing education courses. Licensed insurance agents who are required to meet continuing education requirements must earn 24 credit hours every 2 years. One "continuing education credit hour" is equivalent to 50 minutes of classroom instruction.

Wisconsin resident agents who hold an exclusive limited line insurance license for credit life/credit accident and health, managing general agent, and title insurance are not required to take the continuing education courses. In addition, any resident agent who has completed the prelicensing education requirement for original licensure during the reporting period is exempt from the requirements. This exemption does not apply if an agent is adding one or more lines to an existing license.

Assessment Services, Inc., (ASI) was designated to administer the entire continuing education program. Agents may contact ASI at (800) 274­4679 with general questions or log on to Provider and Course Listings are available from ASI.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues