Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Is The Pre-Licensing Education Requirement?

Resident agent applicants must complete a pre­licensing course as follows:


Life Only: 20 Hours
Accident and Sickness Only 20 Hours
Life and A&S 40 Hours
Property­Casualty: 40 Hours

CLU and CPCU designees are exempt from this requirement.

Information on Approved Pre­licensing schools is available from Agents Licensing & Education: (304) 558­0610. Students will receive Certificate of Course Completion from the pre­licensing school and must appear for the state licensing exam within 90 days of course completion date.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues