Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Are The Requirements For An Excess Line Broker License?

For an Excess Line Broker License, prelicensing education is not required.
Applicants for an Excess Line Broker license must:

Be currently licensed as a West Virginia resident agent.
Have 3 consecutive years of experience immediately preceding the date of application. One of those years must be as a licensed West Virginia resident agent.
Complete and submit the proper application for approval to the West Virginia Insurance Commissioner.
Submit the required $200 license fee.
File a bond in favor of the state of West Virginia in the amount of $2,000.
Once a passing score has been attained, the applicant must mail the original score report to the West Virginia Insurance Commissioner's Agent Licensing Division before a license will be issued.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues