Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

I Am Moving To Another State. What Do I Need From The Bureau Of Insurance?

A clearance letter is required when moving to another state. This cancels any active licenses in Virginia. To obtain a clearance letter, you must request it writing by completing the PIN5001 (Service Request Form) or you may send a letter. Please furnish the Bureau with your Name, Social Security Number, the state you are moving to, and any updated information regarding your new address. The agent must sign the request. Please allow 5 - ­10 working days for us to process your request. No fee is required.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues