Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I Qualify For A Non-Resident Producer License?

You must first be licensed and in good standing in your Home State as a resident producer. The Division of Insurance will verify your licensing status, your lines of authority, your CE compliance and any prior administrative actions by accessing the NAIC Producer Data Base (PDB) online. You need to complete the NAIC Uniform Individual Non­Resident Producer License application. Once you complete the application, attach your license application fee of $30.00 and send the application and fee directly to the Division of Insurance. If you are a resident producer in any state that currently subscribes to the PDB you will not need to submit a Home State Certification. Producers from the following states must submit a Home State Certification: AL, DE, KY, MA, NJ, NM, OR, RI, SC, VT, WV.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues