Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

A Cow Strayed Onto My Land, Can I Keep It?

Any person may take up any stray found upon his premises, or upon any public land and that person must report it to the sheriff of the county in which the stray is taken up within twenty­four hours. In giving notice to the sheriff, the taker­up must describe the stray to the sheriff by stating the kind of animal, color, weight, size, sex and age, the marks, brands or other distinguishing features of the animal, and the place where the animal is kept and the address of the taker­up.

Speak to an Experienced Pet Law Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified pet lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local pet attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Pet Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Pet Law Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Pet Law Attorneys