Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What If I Am An Agent Moving To Louisiana?

Nonresidents licensed in another state who move to Louisiana and wish to apply for a resident license should follow the directions for Louisiana residents. Applicants must meet pre­licensing education requirements and submit Form 1114A and fees along with a previous home state Letter of Clearance to Experior. The applicant's home state clearance letter must confirm that the license in that state is canceled and that the applicant has no open complaints and/or administrative actions.

NOTE: Some requirements may not apply if moving from certain other states. Contact the Department in advance of applying to find out if any requirements can be waived.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Featured Louisiana Insurance Law Firm

Captcha Image

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues