Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I License My Company As An Agency?

Corporations and partnerships must be licensed in order to transact insurance business and/or to receive commissions. All Firm applicants must submit Form 1114B (available from the Department) and the appropriate fees directly to the Department via US Postal Service only. At the time of application, at least one of the Firm's officers, partners or employees must hold a license for the same line of authority as applied for by the applicant. Contact the Department directly to request a Firm Application.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Featured Louisiana Insurance Law Firm

Captcha Image

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues