To apply for a Surplus Lines Broker license, the applicant must submit:
- Application Form 8301
- License fee of $100.00
- Proof of Financial Responsibility in the amount of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate, which must be in the form of: Errors and Omissions policy issued by an authorized insurer and filed on Form 991, or
- Letter of Credit on Form 992, or
- Surety Bond issued by an authorized corporate surety and filed on Form 993, or
- A combination of a bond and a deposit filed on Form 992 and Form 993
- Penal Bond issued by an authorized corporate surety in favor of the State of Kentucky in the sum of $50,000
- (The policy, bond, or deposit shall not be terminated unless the issuer gives the Surplus Lines Broker and the Department of Insurance at least thirty days' prior written notice.)
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: