Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Is The Nonresident Reciprocal Agreement?

Agents wishing to receive a non­resident agent license in Kentucky will be issued a license if the applicant:

  • is currently licensed and in good standing in his or her home state;
  • has submitted the proper request for license and has paid the fees required;
  • has submitted or transmitted to the Commissioner a completed uniform application or uniform business entity application;
  • has complied with his or her home state's continuing education requirements;
  • the home state awards non­resident licenses to residents of Kentucky on the same basis; and
  • has complied with any other applicable legal requirements.

The Kentucky Department of Insurance may verify a non­resident applicant's license status through the database maintained by the NAIC or request a certification letter.

A non­resident licensee who changes his or her home state to a state other than Kentucky must file a change of address Form 8303 and provide certification from the new home state within 30 days of the change. No fee or license application is required.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues