Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What If My Address Or Name Changes?

Kentucky law requires that an agent notify the Department of Insurance, in writing, of any change in residence address, business address, or legal name within 30 days of the change. Agents are subject to a penalty up to $1,000 for failure to do so.

Address changes should be submitted on Record Correction Form 8303.

Name changes should be submitted, in writing, with pertinent legal documentation approving the name change. The notice of name change should include the agent's name, Social Security number, and return mailing address.

KRS 304.9­200(4) requires that the license contain the licensee's name, address, and other pertinent information. As a result, an agent with a legal name change or an address change to another city, must have a new license issued with the name change or city change. To get a new license issued with the name or city change, the agent must submit a written request and the $5 fee. A license issued in the new name or new city will be mailed to the address the agent indicates.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues