Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Does Kentucky Require Continuing Education?

All resident agents are subject to Continuing Education for every line of authority (EXCEPT for the limited lines of authority: motor vehicle physical damage, common carrier, credit, crop­hail, and mechanical breakdown). The continuing education requirement of 24 hours for each continuing education biennium must be met on or before June 30 in even­numbered years. At least 6 hours must be directly related to at least one of the agent's active lines of authority and 2 hours must be in ethics.

Only courses approved by the Kentucky Department of Insurance will be accepted as approved credit hours. No more than 12 hours of correspondence courses will be accepted.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues