Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Do I Need From The Illinois Department Of Insurance If I Want To Become Licensed In Another State?

A Letter of Certification is needed if you plan to apply as a non­resident in another state. A Clearance letter is used when you are moving to another state and it cancels your license effective the date it is issued. The fee is $10 per Certification/Clearance letter payable to the Department of Insurance. Click here for the Certification/Clearance Request Form.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues