Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Do I Do To Become A Non-Resident Licensee?

You must complete the Uniform Application for Individual Non­Resident License or Uniform Application for Business Entity Non­Resident License/Registration. These applications apply to the following five lines of authority: 1) Life, 2) Accident & Health or Sickness, 3) Property, 4) Casualty and 5) Variable Life/Variable Annuity lines of authority. Questions regarding any other class of license or limited line producer license should be directed to the Illinois Department of Insurance.

You will not be required to complete pre­licensing education, a qualifying examination or continuing education, if required, so long as you are certified by the resident state as in compliance with its licensing and continuing education requirements. Issuance of the license does not relieve the applicant from meeting mandatory ongoing license renewal and continuing education requirements, or other reporting requirements for the State of Illinois.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues