Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Is Any Pre-Licensing Education Required?

You must first complete the prelicensing education requirement of 15 hours per line of authority; i.e., Life (Class1 (a), Accident/Health (Class 1(b) or 2(a)), Fire (Class 3), Casualty (Class 2). For Motor Vehicle (Class 2(b) or 3(e), the requirement is 7 ½ hours. The state does not require prelicensing education to qualify for a Public Adjuster license.

The proof of completion will be submitted to the Illinois Department of Insurance by the education provider. The required hours should be completed prior to the candidate's examination date. You can access a Producer Licensing Record online where you can verify that the Department has received documentation of successful completion of prelicensing education requirements.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues