Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Are The Producer Continuing Education Requirements?

In 1992 the Colorado General Assembly passed House Bill 92­1076, mandating continuing education for insurance producers. Effective January 1, 1993, the continuing education requirement applies to all individuals licensed to act as insurance producers in Colorado, including nonresidents The law requires that every licensed producer complete twenty­four hours of Colorado approved continuing education courses every two years. Any producer holding only the Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) or Non­Profit Hospital Surgical Medical Services (NP) authority must complete twenty­four hours of CE beginning with their next continuation after January 1, 1999. There are only two exceptions to the CE requirement: 1) First time licensees have until their second continuation to comply. 2) Producers licensed to write only one or more of the following authorities: Limited Insurance Representative/Travel Ticket Selling, Bail Bonds, Title, Credit, and Crop Hail.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues