Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Do I Add Another License Type To My Current Insurance License?

The California Department of Insurance has created an Individual Short Form 441­17 application. The Short Form has only two pages for the applicant to complete in order to add another license type to his or her license. A life agent, for example, would complete only a two­page application to add a fire and casualty license type to his or her license instead of having to complete the six page Individual Application. It is no longer necessary for the licensee to provide the background information that the Individual Application (Form 441­9) requires each time the licensee adds a new license type to his or her license.

This new two­page Short Form provides an easier application process for current licensees to add the following license types:

  • Life Agent
  • Fire & Casualty Broker­Agent
  • Personal Lines Broker­Agent
  • Surplus Lines Broker
  • Special Lines` Surplus Line Broker.

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Insurance Lawyers

Related Insurance Issues