Lawyers are ready to help during these stressful times. Schedule your consultation >

Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Are There Any Pre-License Examinations That I Must First Take?

Yes. The following types of licenses for individuals require passing an examination prior to becoming licensed:
  • Life and/or Disability Agent (Arizona residents only)
  • Property and Casualty Agent (Arizona residents only)
  • Property & Casualty Broker (Arizona residents only)
  • Surplus Lines Broker (All license applicants*)
  • Bail Bond Agent (Arizona residents)
  • Adjuster (All license applicants)

Please Note: For the Department to issue a license to a surplus lines broker firm or corporation, at least one individual in each office or place where insurance is to be transacted must be licensed as an agent or broker and must have passed the surplus lines broker examination. A.R.S. § 20­411(F)(1).

Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Insurance attorney today.

Additional Insurance Articles

Search LawInfo's Insurance Resources

Insurance Videos

What Is Indemnification

Related Insurance Issues