The following qualifications must be met in order to become an insurance agent:
- Must be 19 or older to apply for the life and disability lines of insurance.
- Must be 19 or older or an individual whose disabilities of minority have been removed to apply for the property and casualty lines of insurance.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America, Mexico, Canada, or a permanent resident under United States immigration laws.
- Must be of good moral character and not have been convicted of a felony nor any crime involving moral turpitude.
- Must attend a prequalification course consisting of 40 classroom hours or equivalent of individual instruction on the general principles of insurance.
Speak to an Experienced Insurance Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified insurance lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local insurance attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.