Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Fiancé Visas

Are you engaged to a non-citizen?  You can bring your fiancé to the United States to get married by filing a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Office.  The fiancé visa program, or K-1 visa, allows non-citizens to come to the United States with their citizen fiancés, under certain conditions.  The marriage must take place within 90 days of entering the U.S. and the couple may be interviewed by the USCIS to show that the marriage is legitimate and not solely for the purpose of gaining entry into the United States.

Once the application is approved, it is valid for four months, during which time the foreign fiancé may travel to the United States. The petition can also be extended, however if your fiancé(e) intends to live and work permanently in the United States, your fiancé(e) should apply to become a permanent resident after your marriage. For more information on fiancé visas, consult an Immigration Attorney in your area today.

For more information on fiance visas, contact an local immigration attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Immigration Articles

Search LawInfo's Immigration Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Ashburn Immigration Lawyers