Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

How Can a Lender Foreclose on a Property in Washington D.C.?

Property foreclosures in Washington D.C. occur outside of the judicial system. A lender may initiate a foreclosure sale by sending a written notice of sale to the borrower and to the Washington D.C. mayor’s office. Then, the lender must follow the public notice and sale requirements required by law.

Speak to an Experienced Foreclosure and Alternatives Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified foreclosure and alternatives lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local foreclosure and alternatives attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Foreclosure and Alternatives Articles

Search LawInfo's Foreclosure and Alternatives Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Related Foreclosure and Alternatives Issues