Oklahoma recognizes the following 12 grounds for divorce:
- Abandonment for one year;
- When the wife, at the time of marriage, was pregnant with another man's child;
- Extreme cruelty;
- Fraudulent contract;
- Habitual drunkenness;
- Gross neglect of duty;
- Imprisonment of the other part in a state or federal penal institution under sentence thereto for the commission of a felony at the time the petition is filed;
- The procurement of a final divorce decree from another state by a husband or wife which does not in Oklahoma release the other party from the obligations of marriage; and
- Insanity for a period of 5 years.
Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today
Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: