Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What If The Non-Residential Parent Cannot Be Found Locally?

Your local CSEA will use the Ohio Parent Locator Service (OPLS) to search. If the non­residential parent is out of state, the CSEA can request another state to search. The CSEA can also request location through the Federal Parent Locator System (FPLS), Financial Institution Data Match (FIDM), National Directory of New Hires (NDNH), and the Federal Case Registry (FCR). All of these matches have as a first step a Social Security Number verification. It is becoming harder for non­paying parents to hide from their child support obligations and the agencies that enforce them.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Family Law Lawyers