Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What if the non-custodial parent has left the State?

If you know the state where the non­custodial parent has moved, CSED can contact the Child Support Enforcement Agency in the other state and determine if the parent has indeed moved to that state. If there is a confirmation, the case can be transferred to the other state. If you are not certain of the state where the non­custodial parent has moved, CSED can send a request to the Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS). The FPLS has access to a number of records such as: The Department of Defense, the National Personnel Records Center, and the Social Security Administration to name a few. Beginning October 1, 1997, States began reporting newly hired employees to a National Directory of New Hires ­ which is now a part of the FPLS.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Family Law Lawyers