On separation all sorts of questions arise involving obligations and possible rights of the husband and wife, including:
- right to remain in the matrimonial home, with contents, regardless of ownership;
- division of family property and possible sale of items and division of proceeds;
- child custody and access (visitation rights);
- child and/or spousal support;
- other possible orders for the protection or safety of children or a spouse;
- as between the spouses, after separation, a spouse has the obligation to take all reasonable steps to become financially independent of the other spouse.
Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today
Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.
Your Next Step:
Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.
Popular Attorney Searches: