Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

If A Parent Who Has Custody Wants To Move From The Present Residence, With The Child, Can That Parent Do So?

If the parent wishing to move has good reason and it would generally be in the good interests of a child, such a move will generally be permitted. If the non­custodial parent opposes such a move, the parent having custody would have to show that any loss of opportunity to visit with the other parent would be outweighed by the benefits to the child in moving.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Family Law Lawyers