Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Can Parents Make Their Own Agreement For Custody Of And Access To Minor Children?

Where both parents can agree, they may enter into a written agreement with regard to which parent will have the custody control and education of minor children and with regard to access arrangements for the non­custodial parent or they may agree to share parenting in a mature and responsible manner and agree on a form of joint custody, usually providing for a child to have it's principal residence with one parent, significant custody and sharing of upbringing responsibilities to the other parent, depending on the respective circumstances, and the financial and other contributions each parent will provide for the child's benefit.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Family Law Lawyers