Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Can An Order For Access Be Enforced?

Pursuant to The Child Custody Enforcement Act, either a custodial or a non­custodial parent can apply to the court for enforcement or change of an access order. In the course of such application, the court may make an access enforcement order that is appropriate in the circumstances, and it may:
  • where access may have been denied, hold a person at fault in contempt of court and impose a fine of up to $500.00 or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both;
  • may require the respondent to reimburse the applicant for any reasonable expenses actually incurred as a result of the wrongful denial of access;
  • may require supervision of the access where the court is satisfied that a person or agency is willing and able to provide proper supervision;
  • where a person has wrongfully failed to exercise access or return the child as the order requires, order the respondent to reimburse the applicant for any necessary expenses incurred as a result of the failure to exercise the right of access or duly return the child, including costs of the application and/or require supervision of the access where such supervision is available.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Family Law Lawyers