Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What If Police Will Not Lay A Charge?

The complaining party can meet a justice of the peace ­ they are usually found at any court house ­ and give him or her information for a charge to be laid against an abusive spouse. Once a complainant has a charge laid in a domestic abuse situation, they will not usually be allowed to change their mind and withdraw the charge, but will be required to appear before a judge and make explanation.

Notice to a respondent must be made promptly in accordance with the regulations and any other terms stipulated by the justice of the peace or judge.

Speak to an Experienced Child Abuse Lawyer Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable child abuse lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local child abuse attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Child Abuse attorney today.

Additional Child Abuse Articles

Search LawInfo's Child Abuse Resources

Child Abuse Lawyers