Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Does It Mean To Cooperate With The Fsd Or Local Child Support Agency?

To cooperate means you must provide any information or documents needed by the FSD or local child support agency to establish paternity and/or locate the other parent, and to get support payments for your child. If you are receiving CalWORKS and/or Medi­Cal and you do not cooperate with the FSD or local child support agency, you must have good cause for not doing so. Good cause means you must have a legally acceptable reason for not cooperating with the FSD or local child support agency such as the probability of physical or emotional harm to you or your children.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources