Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Is There Some Way To Determine Is The Noncustodial Parent's Income Has Substantially Increased?

The agency will review support orders every three years if either parent requests a review. As a part of that process, the agency will look at the noncustodial parent`s current income. If it has changed at least 15%, the agency can adjust the child support order, or present the information to the court for modification. Civ. Court Rule 90.3 again comes into play. Remember that the agency can use its administrative process to modify only those support orders that were set by the agency. If the court set the order, such as in a divorce proceeding, only a court can modify the order. You or an attorney can submit a motion to the court to modify your child support order or the agency can submit the determinations to the court system. It is quicker to seek the modification from the court directly rather than through the agency.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Featured Alaska Family LawFirm

Law Office of Curtis W. Patteson, LLC

Family Law Attorney Who is Committed to Providing Creative Solutions, Responsive Service and Cost-Effective Legal Representation
Serving Keani, Fairbanks, Matanuska Valley and Anchorage

Family Law Lawyers