Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Can Paternity Be Established If The Father Lives Outside Of Alaska?

The Alaska child support agency may be able to claim jurisdiction and establish paternity if the alleged father once lived in Alaska, or if the child was conceived in Alaska. Otherwise, the agency may petition the other state to establish paternity under its laws. Often genetic tests will be ordered to prove paternity.

Speak to an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Today

Even the most common family law issue can be intensely stressful. A knowledgeable family lawyer can guide you through the process. An attorney will coach you on how to proceed and give expert guidance on hearings, trials and enforcing court orders. Take the first step now and talk to an experienced local family attorney.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Family Law attorney today.

Additional Family Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Family Law Resources

Featured Alaska Family LawFirm

Law Office of Curtis W. Patteson, LLC

Family Law Attorney Who is Committed to Providing Creative Solutions, Responsive Service and Cost-Effective Legal Representation
Serving Keani, Fairbanks, Matanuska Valley and Anchorage

Family Law Lawyers