Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

What Should I Do With An Advance Directive After It Is Signed?

Give the original of a durable power of attorney for health care to the patient advocate (or at least make sure he or she knows where it is). Give a photo static copy to your doctor and keep a copy yourself. Keep the original of a living will. Give a copy to family members who are close to you, a friend and your doctor. Keep a list of these people. Have the doctor make the document or documents part of your medical record. If you enter a hospital or nursing home, try to see to it that the facility has a copy.

Speak to an Experienced Estate Planning Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified estate planning lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local estate planning attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Estate Planning Articles

Search LawInfo's Estate Planning Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Estate Planning Attorneys

Related Estate Planning Issues