Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Must I Have An Advance Directive?

No. You do not have to make a living will or other type of advance directive to receive medical care or to be admitted to a hospital, nursing home or other health care facility. No person can be denied medical care or admission based on whether or not they have signed a living will or other type of advance directive. If someone refuses to provide you medical care or admit you unless you sign a living will or other type of advance directive, contact the Department of Public Health and Addiction Services in Hartford, Connecticut at 566­5758.

Speak to an Experienced Estate Planning Attorney Today

This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified estate planning lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local estate planning attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Additional Estate Planning Articles

Search LawInfo's Estate Planning Resources

Find an Attorney in Your Area

Estate Planning Attorneys

Related Estate Planning Issues