Resource Library

Free Online Legal Resources

Can A Supervisor Change The Hours Recorded On A Timecard?

Employers must pay employees for all hours worked. It is not legal for a supervisor to change your timecard if you have worked the hours. If you suspect this is happening, you need to bring it up, ask to be paid for all hours worked, and keep personal records at home so you can verify your work hours. If the problem continues, you may file a complaint with L&I, or if you quit the job and weren't paid for all hours worked, you may file a wage claim. (See "Termination Wages" section for more information about filing a wage claim.)

Get Help from an Experienced Employment Law Attorney

Have you been discriminated against by a potential or current employer -- as a job applicant or current employee? To best protect your legal rights you should discuss your situation with an employment lawyer. Meet with a local employment attorney sooner rather than later to protect your rights.

Your Next Step:

Enter your location below to get connected with a qualified Employment Law attorney today.

Additional Employment Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Employment Law Resources

Related Employment Issues